Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A NEW ZERO CARB TREAT: A "CHOCOLATE VARIATION" OF THE BULLETPROOF COFFEE


I hope some of you already got this new variation of the bulletproof coffee so dear to David. If not, here it is: THE BULLETPROOF CHOCOLATE DRINK !!!

The IDEA is simple: instead of coffee, after boiling a cup of water, you add a “small” teaspoon of unsweetened cacao powder + the usual butter quantity you enjoy and then, up, in the blender until you have a thick foamy buttery chocolate layer ON TOP. I use a "Magic Bullet" blender to do mine.

The carbs in there are extremely low; I estimate somewhere around .5 g. which is about what you get in an egg. Note that chocolate do contain some fiber….

I do NOT advice any sweetener but this depends on your personal approach to ZC and +/- your sugar addiction level. Anyway, the chocolate taste is very nice and the butter replaces largely the sugar.

If you are more adventurous, you can prepare yourself a half coffee/half chocolate drink. Different and interesting when you are in the mood for a change…

Finally, I noted many folks are now adding to the butter, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to their bulletproof drinks and the results seems great. For myself, I prefer pushing on the butter (1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons for a large coffee). It is all a question of personal taste.

Enjoy!!!

Denis 

4 comments:

  1. omg denis you know how to tug a girl's heart. i have been enjoying all of your informative posts. sorry i have not responded lately. i am going to make some this weekend when i go shopping. i will report back to you the outcome. i challenge all the ladies of this blog to try it and report back.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. …and the most fantastic thing about this "bulletproof chocolate drink" is it shuts down any hunger without creating any cravings for more…

      Who said life isn't great on ZC???!!!!!!!!!!!

      Denis

      Delete
  2. Guys, I have been caught up with spring break with the kids. Denis has been doing a wonderful job with all the blogging. I have had the beef carpaccio and it is so delicious. Make just like Denis describes and you won't be disappointed.

    **Sara I will take your challenge. I will use only butter, water and cocoa. I will report back this weekend. I will make this my Sunday treat. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to look for any other recipe to include "nicely" raw meat in our diet. Of course, it needs to be fresh meat and not processed food items.

    The chocolate bulletproof drink seems so much like a "comfort food"... without any disadvantage. I think I would have difficulty drinking 2 in a row…

    Denis

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...