Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 2 Zero Carb Diet 7/24/2013

Day one is out of the way. I am feeling very good and optimistic about the zero carb diet. It is way too early to really have any set thoughts. I can say that I totally flopped at the exercise yesterday. My goal was 30 minuets, I struggled to do 10 minuets. I know that exercise is not necessary on this diet, but I want to condition my muscle and bones to a healthier state.

So far I don't feel any different. I am not having any cravings at the moment or any physical discomforts. I guess the big thing for me is the morning fast with black coffee. I love coffee so that is not a big deal. I really don't plan to eat out during this time, but since I need to lose up to 60 lbs that may change. I am afraid that I may lose control once at the restaurant. I have control for the most part at work and total control at home since I live by myself. That is it for now. I an not too excited about the weight loss today. I know it may be water loss among other things. So until a week or two I will feel confident that it is real fat that is gone. Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

One more thing, I almost feel funny not adding a picture at the bottom of my post like Denis and Dave. Do you think I should follow that tradition?

Stats

Day 1 - 231.2 pounds
Day 2 - 230.0 pounds  (-) 1.2 pounds

Menu

B     black coffee

L     2 hamburger patties with american cheese

D     2 hamburger patties with american cheese

Exercise 10-30 minuets on the elliptical machine

Goal - 160 pounds

7 comments:

  1. great first day connor. keep it up. we are here to help you.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Nice start.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will only get better. I had a hard time my first two weeks of ZC. Now it is an after thought. welcome to our community. Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the exercise, that too will get easier with time. -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would try to stay away from restaurants in the beginning… because, as drug addicts, sugar and/or starch addicts are very sensible to environmental stimulus which can be the trigger that reconnect brain's pathway and cause lost of control on substance abuse… always talking about sugar/starch here… and restaurant's ambiance, noises, lights, smells, happy folks ect. all these can suddenly creates unresistable cravings…

    I think your menu of DAY 2 is much more sensible then the one of DAY 1… portion wise. Anyway, 2 patties + cheese must be very satisfying…

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goody! I love these experiments. Can't wait to see everyday thoughts and progresses. Good luck and keep up the good job.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, Simon, Taylor, Jame, Denis, and Teri thank you so much for your support. It really helps to know that you are not alone when you are going into uncharted waters.

    Thank you very much,

    Connor

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...