Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 7 Zero Carb Diet 7/29/2013

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get used to posting daily on my Zero Carb Journal. I like the idea of documenting publicly what I am doing concerning the diet or should I call this a way of eating instead. I really think it is the same, but some would argue otherwise. So far it looks like I recovered fully from my chicken wing saga and I promised myself not to do something like that again. It is just not worth it at this stage of my journey. I am already experiencing better sleep and less aches in the morning. My appetite is slowly decreasing. Recently I have felt that one meal will suffice. 

 It's been week on Zero Carb and so far it looks like I have lost 3.2 pounds which includes the chicken wing episode. From what I am seeing I really feel that I could have lost more weight. During this time I have never yearned for food. I have been totally satisfied expect again the day of the chicken wing day in which I actually felt a bit stuffed. If I only lost lets say 3 pounds a week on this diet, I would lose the 60 pounds in 5 months. I think that is correct. At that pace I could lose a 100 pounds in less than a year.

I want to thank everyone for their support and guidance. Please do not hesitate to correct me should you observe me wandering in the wrong direction.




Menu

B     Black Tea

L     BBQ Mix: chicken, pork and beef sausage about 12 oz total

D     Two over easy Eggs in Butter


Exercise 0 minuets on the elliptical machine

Stats

Day 1 - 231.2 pounds
Day 2 - 230.0 pounds  (-)  1.2 pounds
Day 3 - 229.4 pounds  (-)  0.6 pounds

Day - 228.8 pounds  (-)  0.6 pounds
Day 5 - 230.0 pounds (+)  1.0 pounds 1.2 pounds (correction)
Day 6 -  228.2 pounds (-)  1.8 pounds

Day 7 -  228.0 pounds (-)  0.2 pounds




Thanks,

Connor

6 comments:

  1. Keep going Connor, your doing very good. Maryzc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor just slow things down and stick to the basics like Lisa advised you. Don't try to get fancy with your eating right now. In a few months you can experiment with food.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with Bill: no experiment with food for now. They can be disastrous.

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denis and Bill are right! You really should be more careful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryzc, Bill, Denis and Matthew thanks for the advice and encouragement. I promise to heed you advice. I will leave experimenting to the seasoned members and focus on losing the weight and seeing what basic foods work with me. Your comments are always welcome.

    Thank you,

    Connor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conner,

    Two years ago I was diagnosed Type II diabetic when I went for my annual physical. My A1C was 10 and my glucose was 265 fasting. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Metformin and told me to come back in 90 days for a check up.

    As I walked out of the office, his nurse told me "you know that you can manage this with a low carb diet and avoid medication."

    The next day, I went stric low carb.

    Within two weeks, my glucose was in the 90's. In three months I went from 208 to 183 lbs. Right now, my A1C is 5.8 and my glucose is still in the 90's.

    I keep my daily carb intake under 30g. NO CHEATING !!!
    I have not eaten rice / pasta / bread / sweets in over two years. With some imagination you can come up with some tasty meals. LOW CARB WORKS !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...