Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Days 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 and 57 Zero Carb Diet 9/17/2013

Hello everyone,

Sorry once again for the small absence. Things are going great with all things Zero Carb. The weight reduction has slowed a bit, but the cravings have decreased dramatically. I am feeling stronger than ever about my commitment to this new way of eating. I am feeling refreshed in the morning and getting really great sleep. I drink coffee in the morning because I like it and not for the caffeine. Am I addicted to caffeine? I don't really know. I tried decaf and the taste just was not there.

Saturday I entertained 3 very close friends. I made a variety of foods to include carbs. While these friends support me in my way of eating they are not interested at this point in time in changing the way they eat. So I did make them some side dishes that they are accustomed to eat. Like potato salad, rice and chili beans. I also grilled some Chicken quarters, Bratwurst and Garlic sausage. I can honestly say that it did not bother me to make these foods at the least and I was not tempted to eat them at all. I feel that this was a good test of my will power. The only thing I do have to admit is that I way overate. I think it was a self defense mechanism to keep from eating the carbs I made. Thus I think it may explain the slight weight gain and no loss for the past two days. I made sure to pack each friend a plate of food to take home at the end of the evening to include all of the carbs I made. I am strong, but no need to have those things in the ice box. I had a really great time with the guys and I am going to try to convince one of them to at least try LC or VLC. Out of the three I feel that he is the most receptive one. Thanks for your support.






B     Coffee

L    Grilled Bratwurst and Chicken quarters about 18 oz


D    
Two Chuck Hamburger patties with provolone 16 oz 



Stats

Day 1   - 231.2 pounds  Start weight

Day 7   - 228.0 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds weekly loss = 3.2 pounds

Day 14 - 223.8 pounds (-) 0.4 pounds weekly loss = 4.2 pounds

Day 21 - 222.0 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds weekly loss = 1.8 pounds

Day 28 - 220.0 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds weekly loss = 2.0 pounds


Day 35 - 218.6 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds weekly loss = 1.4 pounds

Day 42 - 217.2 pounds (-) 0.4 pounds weekly loss = 1.4 pounds
Day 43 - 216.8 pounds (-) 0.4 pounds 
Day 44 - 216.8 pounds (?)0.0 pounds
Day 45 - 216.8 pounds (?)0.0 pounds
Day 46 - 216.6 pounds (-) 0.4 pounds
Day 47 - 216.4 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds
Day 48 - 216.0 pounds (-) 0.4 pounds
Day 49 - 215.8 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds weekly loss = 1.6 pounds
Day 50 - 215.8 pounds (?)0.0 pounds
Day 51 - 215.6 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds
Day 52 - 215.4 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds
Day 53 - 215.2 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds
Day 54 - 215.0 pounds (-) 0.2 pounds
Day 55 - 215.4 pounds (+)0.4 pounds
Day 56 215.4 pounds (?)0.0 pounds weekly loss = 0.4 pounds
Day 57 - 215.4 pounds (?)0.0 pounds


Current Loss: 16.0 pounds!

Mini Goals

220 pounds
210 pounds
200 pounds
190 pounds
180 pounds
170 pounds

Thanks,

Connor







2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you cravings are diminishing; your brain connections are getting used to your new 'eating reality' where there is no carbohydrates to give you a dopamine rush… all good!!!!

    Then you bring up a crucial point on Zero Carb: overeating. Of course, when sharing a nice meal with friends, even if all the Zero Carb stuff you need are available, the "ambiance" tends to make one eat more so he feels "part of the group". And, of course, the mechanisms to "stop eating when full" seems to be disconnected…

    But as you see with your weight, it is not that dramatic. So you can decide to make it very occasional but certainly not an habit… especially a few days in a row… But everyone has to decide for themselves what thier metabolism can tolerate. If you have weight to loose, it may not be the best road. But if your are on a "maintenance phase", it can be a "choice for celebrations"….!!!

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor don't get discourage with the slow down. It is perfecly normal. Enjoy the ride all the way to your goal weight. Just stay the course and you will get there.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...