Thursday, November 7, 2013

11/7/2013 - Saved by ZERO......AGAIN!

Greetings friends and family, my spirits are high and my health is good.

I am back! Yes, back in action........ action you say.......... action indeed!!!! Back from where?? Well not from the dead...........HA!!!! Well, I may have mentioned or not that I have been in school for the past couple of years or so and that is one of the main reasons I have not been posting as much as in the past, then I went on my Zero Carb Greek Adventure as one of my graduation gifts to myself. So my good if not GREAT friend and partner in crime "Denis" has been gracious enough to keep this little blog alive with his oh so informative reports on his never ending research into all things Zero Carb.

I have to say that I have been intrigued by the posts that Denis has made over these several months. I have learned a great deal on how the human body reacts to this Way of Eating that we have chosen or should I say this Lifestyle. When eating Zero Carb, Carb Free, Carnivore or however you want to describe it, you must change more than just the food you eat. "Ah ha..............Dave has come up with a defining moment!!!! I knew he still had it in him or does he???"  OK, is that Cyber Mom on my case again..........hahaha!!!

No, really...........I just reiterate my feelings about this Lifestyle that I have chosen to follow. Yes I called it a LIFESTYLE. Why? Why not? So there............. OK lame answer to say the least. OK, I got it no need to be rude thank you very much. So, I will explain: "Oh boy what a joy!!!" Cyber Mom was that you again? OK, I am not mad at you because you are so cute and nice. Anyhow back to my point....no not the one on the top of my head thank you very much...........jeez!!!!

A word about Connor MacLeod

You know I was not going to make this easy.....right? OK, part two........well the point I am trying to make is that that when you live by the "ZERO CARB RULES" they apply in many aspects of your LIFE. This was a hard lesson that Connor has learned. Yes, our very own Connor MacLeod. He fell off the wagon and I suspended him from writing on this blog. I conferred with Denis and we decided to give him the second chance that he requested to continue to write on this blog since he is now back on track with The Zero Carb Way of Eating.

We all know that food deals greatly with social events, rather a simple dinner at home with friends or attending a large gathering. Food and drink is almost always involved in one form or another. Eating Zero Carb is a Lifetime commitment. It is not so easily for most folks to "turn it off and on." Carbohydrates are very addictive. Just like "Lays Potato Chips" ....."you just can't eat one." Not for most of us. This proved fatal for Connor. He told me that he went to a large gathering at a friend's house and tried a little of "this" and "that" and by the time he knew it he had polished off several different carb loaded dishes. He then fooled himself to believe that he could occasional eat carbs without consequences. Well, in his case the "occasional carb" became too often and he fell off the wagon. That simple that Quick!!!!!

OK, then......I am oh so happy to report that Connor MacLeod of the Clan Zero Carb will be posting a daily report of his second journey through Zero Carb. I hope that he gets some support from y'all on his endeavor to lose weight and improve his overall health.

I am dedicating my past appreciation of a fictional underdog "ROCKY" to Connor MacLeod as inspiration that it can be done. While the character "Rocky" is fictional, being an underdog and beating the odds is NOT!!! Been there, done that. YO DENIS!!!!!

Rocky: "Gonna Fly Now"



Have a Healthy Day my Friends and Family. Battles are won daily, yet the War still rages on. Stay in the Fight and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er Never Under Estimate the Heart of a CHAMPION





Cheers,

Dave

8 comments:

  1. glad to see you back. i feel bad for connor. i will cheer him on.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I am glad to be back. I don't feel bad for Connor, because he came back and realized his mistake. I would feel bad for him if he gave up. So I am happy for him in that he wants to try again.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  2. You were missed, but Denis is doing a great job here. I think Connor will come around and realize that this way of eating is absolute and cheating can lead to disaster.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, Denis is a true Zero Carb Warrior. He is active in the Fight and continues to supply us with knowledge and experience. We are all very fortunate to have him here. I too think Connor will turn around and make the best of it.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  3. Ti kaneis....yep I'm here watching you. Good to see you back. Bob and I are doing great. Bob says hi. Wish we could meet up again. Maybe sometime. You never know.
    Take care, Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geya soi (YA-ses) Teri and Bob, I am doing fine thank you very much!!! Ah it is nice to be watched by those who care. Meet up indeed. I do miss you and Bob much and really reflect on the couple of times I visited you, Bob and Gabby. I have not heard from her in a long time and hope that she is doing well.

      This I do know Teri: we will meet again. That is for sure...what kind of a cyber son would I be? Ha! Battle On Cyber Mom!!!

      (ZC)er Never too far Apart

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete
  4. Denis and Dave everyone deserves a second chance. That was really nice of both of you to give Connor one. Denis you have really given us great information with your posts. Connor don't wait too long. Come back soon and start posting. We are a little family here and will support you. :-)Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I totally agree with you and some folks deserve all the chances in the world. Never give up no matter what. Keep Fighting and keep Battling until you finally break through. Hey this lifestyle is hard on the ones most that have lived a long life doing it the other way. So it takes time and effort. Connor does need to get started soon and he will.

      Cheers,

      Dave

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...