Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 13 Zero Carb Diet-2nd Try

Hello everyone,

Today was a lazy day for me. It rained off and on all day. Also the temperature dropped to the mid 40s from the 80s yesterday. I had 4 packages of chicken leg quarters to cook, but did not know what exactly to do with them. So I finally decided to bbq/smoke them. I used an indirect cooking method and used apple wood for the smoke. I had to cook two batches. They came out really good, tender and moist. With this method you don't have to turn over the chicken. It cooks for a longer period of time, but is well worth it. This morning I cooked three extra thick rashers of bacon and three turnover eggs. It kept me full for a long time. To tell you the truth I was not really hungry at all when I ate my second meal. So I am still not eating to hunger. I really need to work on that. I still have some brisket/bacon mix packs frozen and ready to eat a moments notice. I will make time and arrange some packs of bbq/smoke chicken leg quarters in which I have already separated the legs from the thighs. These two sources of protein should last awhile. I plan on a semi-lazy day tomorrow with some light housework and laundry for the most part. That's it for now.

Day 1    -242.0 lbs (start weight)
Day 7    -241.0 lbs (1 lb loss) week 1
Day 8    -241.0 lbs
Day 9    -240.5 lbs
Day 10  -240.5 lbs
Day 11  -240.0 lbs
Day 12  -240.0 lbs
Day 13  -240.0 lbs

Total weight loss: 2.0 lb

Fluids - water, seltzer, plain black coffee

1st meal  -3 eggs over easy and 3 rashers of extra thick bacon

2nd meal  -4 large bbq/smoked chicken thighs 



Thanks,

Connor

4 comments:

  1. At least you have not given up. Don't let things bring you down while trying to lose weight. The main thing is to be stable in the way you eat. Likes have said and as you have experienced in the past the weight will come off. I know you will do well, just hang in there. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not given up and I am glad to be here. Thanks for the support Sandy.

      Connor

      Delete
  2. Connor you are doing fine. Keep on track with your eating and don't worry about the weight loss for now. It will come naturally as you adjust dealing with hunger. Gramps was right about not going hungry. It may lead to a situation that the only food around you are high carbs such as a candy bar. You will learn to eat to hunger and eat accordingly. Been there done that. Continue to Fight the Good Fight and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)er Make WAY

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to stay positive. I messed and that is why I am trying for the second time instead of enjoying the roll I was on. That's OK. I will get there some day. Thanks for all your help.

      Connor

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...