Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 2 Zero Carb Diet-2nd Try

Hello everyone,

Today started out really good. Then as my workday ended so did the good feeling. On my drive home I began to have urges again for carbs. For some reason I really had a craving for chicken chow mein not to be confused with chicken lo mein. Anyway I almost convinced myself to pick-up some take out. I then came to my senses and stopped at a convenience store and picked up a bag of pork skins. I ate about a fourth of the bag and I settled down. I got home and cooked two boneless with skin chicken thighs. I just cut them up a bit and pan fried then its own fat. It rendered a lot of fat and was crispy and tasted great. One big thing. About an hour later my stomach began to hurt a little. Then I had the runs. I am not sure if it was the pork skins or the chicken fat or a combination. My stomach is a little queasy as I write this post. I will survive. Today was hard. I made it through. I really think getting a little sick helped put the reins on my thoughts of cheating. I don't even want to look at food right now let alone cheat. That's it for now.

Day 1   - 242 lbs (start weight)
Day 2    -241 lbs (-  1 lbs)


Fluids - water, seltzer, plain black coffee 

1st meal  - 8 oz beef brisket

2nd meal - 2 large chicken thighs, pork skins



Thanks,

Connor

6 comments:

  1. i am sorry that you are not feeling well. maybe your system is getting used to our way of eating again.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay with it Connor. It will get better. I had similar problems when I started zc.-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connor, the "RUNS" are horrible. It might be the fat content...maybe. I know when I eat too lean then go back to heavy fat I get in trouble too and my tummy is really sensitive. Hang in there. Hopefully it will pass soon. Keep Rocking!!!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave. I hope it will pass soon.

      Connor

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...