Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 34 & 35 Zero Carb Diet-2nd Try

Hello everyone,

I had a real nice weekend. I ended up cooking a nice mix grill this weekend for a treat. I spent a little extra this weekend and bought a package of rib eyes. It came with 4 steaks about 10 -12 oz each. I grilled 2 rib eyes, 6 chicken thighs and two 14 oz chappell hill all meat sausage links. I ended up with a lot of grilled meat. I ate the rib eye and a little chicken and sausage. I then chopped all the meat and mixed it up into a container. Like I predicted this was anther lazy weekend. Besides doing 3 loads laundry I spent time reading and being lazy. My confidence in this way of eating is getting much stronger. Who would have known that I could make a come back. I know some people out there have tried and failed and maybe tried again  to fail once more. On the other hand there are people out there that although they have had some bumps here and there, they stuck with it and continue to benefit all the positive benefits of this lifestyle. I want to be like them. I want to overcome all the obstacles that have kept me from feeling like feeling comfortable with zero carb. Most of it is mentally. I know I still have some carb withdraw from time to time. I am really feeling much better and grow stronger everyday. I will get there I know I will. I really want to get to the point where I control my eating better to the point that I am losing weight. I need to control the amounts I eat. Lots of time I eat way past hunger just to ensure that I protect myself from carb cravings. I know I will get there soon. I want to start to weigh myself daily and record it on my journal. It was one of the reasons to write here. Not the only one of course. That's it for now.



Fluids - water, seltzer, plain black coffee

1st meal   -rib eye steak 10 - 12 oz

2nd meal   -omelet: three eggs, mixed grill meat and two slices of gouda cheese

Thanks,

Connor

2 comments:

  1. Connor, when you say; "Lots of time I eat way past hunger just to ensure that I protect myself from carb cravings.", I think you have resume a big problem former carb addicts face when going on a Zero Carb diet...

    Eating according to your hunger is much more easy to say then to do. Some folks can easily stop eating and they know they will not get hungry later on. Not us. And our problem is double: first the risk of falling into carbs again THEN the risk of snacking which often sums up as overeating.

    I do not like the idea of portion control but we have to learn what is a normal portion to satisfy enough. I tend always to "downsize" the protein portion and "upsize" the fat as a rule and it seems to work...

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denis I agree about the protein to fat ratio. I have never liked lean meats of any sort. I feel someday I will get to the point of mastering my hunger and the right amounts for the most part of meat/fat to keep me going.

    Connor

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...