Thursday, January 9, 2014

DAY 5 ON 90% FAT - ZERO CARB DIET

I did some blood testing this morning.

Blood sugar came up at 99 mg/dl, normal but at the upper limit.

Blood ketones came up at .5 mm/l, in the nutritioanl ketosis zone, but at the lower limit.

So this is all good but I would have prefered other numbers...

I will try to discard ALL egg whites and add more egg yolks. I did it once, and it was more satisfying. Maybe this will bring blood sugar at a lower level and ketones more into ketosis???

What I like form this diet is how joyful it is... heavy cream is still a delight.

Of course, these is no way I can go out to the restaurant with this kind of food item diet... but as I do not intend to eat like this for the rest of my life, meaning ONLY heavy cream + eggs, I can live with this at the moment...

Here are my results weight wise:

DAY 1:     ---------
DAY 2:     -1.5 lbs     total loss of 1.5 lbs
DAY 3:     -0.7 lbs     total loss of 2.2 lbs
DAY 4:     -0.4 lbs     total loss of 2.6 lbs
DAY 5:     -0.2 lbs     total loss of 2.8 lbs

Weight loss is slowing down but, still, I am loosing. Of course, with around 1,900 calories per day, I cannot expect drastic changes...

I also miss salt, so I am eating some coarse sea salt while drinking water. Not that much but enough to satisfy me... I should try to add salt to my cream + egg mixture... I do insist on salt because I tend to have very low blood pressure and adding salt to my diet was always a must in my life. Of course, this is probably not a recommendation for all but certainly for me...

The train is rolling!!!

Denis

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...