Thursday, January 29, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 5

It feels good to get another day without carbs over with. I got some good rest last night. My stomach feels good. I hope I have seen the last of the runs. No change in weight, but I do feel like my clothes fit just a little better. I had a small test at work today. A lady was retiring and they set up a big cake and a lot of high carb snacks like chips and cookies. I was invited several times to go and get a slice of cake. I just said no. Then I gathered my things to leave for home and while walking down the hallway right in front of the door leading to all the carb goodies two ladies standing at the entrance of the room invited me in to have some cake and punch. I polity explained that I was trying to lose some weight and one of the ladies said if I didn't want cake that I was welcomed to some punch. I just smiled and said no thank you and kept walking. I was glad to get out of there. I can imagine how miserable I would had been if I would have broken down and ate the cake and drank the punch. This may seem like a trivial event to most people, but it was a milestone for me. Again no real weight change on the scale. I am really happy to be moving forward. That's it for now.

Morning fast: water, ice tea and black coffee

1st meal: about 14 ounces of medium well pot roast

2nd meal: 16 ounces of chicken wings

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:
259 lbs

3 comments:

  1. You task Connor, for the moment, it to cure your carb addiction. Forget about loosing weight; it is irrelevant in your case at this time. I would even be pleased if you could put on some pounds in so you could concentrate on eliminating your cravings for carbohydrates. I have been there and it is the only road out of hell....!!!

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Denis. I promise you those cravings will eventually get under control. Practice patience. It's in you to do it.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denis, Teri and Tom. I totally agree of just getting focused on putting carb addiction behind me. All of you have made strong valid points. I really appreciate the support and I well heed your advice.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...