Thursday, February 5, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 12

Wow, today was the ultimate test for me.  Everything was going well then around lunch time a good work buddy that I have not seen for awhile because he has been gone on a special assignment showed up today and invited me to go out to eat at our favorite Chinese buffet restaurant. This place is not zero carb friendly in the least bit. I do know of some that serve a good amount of zero carb food, but this is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, before I went back to zero carb I would have jumped at the chance to go. So I told him yes I am free for lunch, but that I would like to go to a BBQ restaurant instead. I told him why and he was good with that without hitch. So I ended up eating 1 lb of moist brisket which means beef brisket on the fatty side. The meal was really good. The rest of my day went well. I did not have any cravings. No movement on the scale. That's it for now.


Morning fast: water and coffee

1st meal: 1 lb pound of moist beef brisket and water

2nd meal: 1 lb of rotisserie chicken wings , ice tea and water

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:
255 lbs

2 comments:

  1. I said it yesterday and wil repeat it today: you are a Zero Carb pro Connor!!!

    And as Dave said it so nicely 12 days ago: "There is no place for a cheating day on Zero Carb". And the way you dealed with today's invitation for lunch was admirable.

    When I am in situation where there is "a risk" to eat some carbs, as with an invitation to a chinese buffet restaurant, I just don't eat and laugh and make jokes about it... and everything is OK... then back home, I eat... Initially, I always figure it was impolite and impossible to do but with time, I realise it is absolutely doable.

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Denis, I considered going and drinking some plain ice tea. Then I thought why not suggest another restaurant. I am glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...