Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 18

I had a strange turn of events today. Late last night I received a call from one of my best friends asking if I would go with her to the take her in-laws to the immigration office for their naturalization interview. Originally her husband was going to go with them, but he got called into work on an emergency. He works in law enforcement so he could not refuse. So being a good friend I agreed to drive them over there. I did not know how long we were going to be there so I decided to eat my 1st meal of the day in the early morning. Then we went to the immigration place and took care of business, we were there for several hours. Afterward to celebrate the successful passing of the interview we went out to eat. I was skeptical about that event since I was not exactly involved in planning it. We ended up at a real Chinese restaurant, not one of those buffet places. I was a little worried that I would not find anything to eat and prepared to drink some ice tea until I got home. Then I discovered that they served some Japanese hibachi dishes. Chicken, beef or shrimp. To me that means grilled. So I thought the safest would be shrimp since I was afraid that they would marinade the beef and chicken with some starch and or sugar. When the dish came it was somewhat grilled shrimp stir fried with some veggies. It did not have a sauce, just the juice from the veggies. I asked for an empty rice bowl and picked out the shrimp and gave the rest to the others. It tasted good and did not appear to be marinaded with anything. Yes, I stuck out, but my good friend knows and supports my new way of eating. No one made a big deal or mentioned it. I then went home and decided to cook that chicken I bought yesterday in the rotisserie. So as I type another batch is cooking. No movement on the scale today. Thanks for your support everyone. 

Morning fast: none

1st meal: 3 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, 6 oz of pan sausage, water and coffee

2nd meal: about 8 oz of shrimp, ice tea and water

3rd meal: 2 leg quarters of rotisserie chicken and water 

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:
254 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Connor you took one right out of Dave's Zero Carb Playbook. Now that's what I'm talking about my Friend!!! A successful Zero Carber knows how make good if not GREAT decisions in the field! Battle On!!!

    (ZC)er Ain't not Mountain HIGH

    Cheers,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...