Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 31

Those grilled burgers came out great. I followed a recipe I found online from Emeril Lagasse. It was simple and I happened to have all the ingredients. I will list them here.

EMERIL'S BURGER SEASONING:2 ½ tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons table salt, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 2 teaspoons ground mustard, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

I cut and pasted it from the web. It was simple and tasted really good. According to the recipe you put 2 teaspoons of the burger seasoning per pound of meat mixed into it. I added a little to the top of the burger as it was cooking for a little added kick. Nothing note worthy at work today. I had a half day in order to go to the dentist. All my teeth checked out great. I did not have any cavities. Although I had some plaque build up that needs deep cleaning. I guess that's from all the years of eating starchy foods and not visiting the dentist on a regular basis. One of my new years resolutions was to start going for regular visits as I did in the past and not let the plaque get to this state again. I had a good day without any cravings for carbs. I really enjoyed the meals I ate today. Going all beef during the work week is good so far. I don't miss chicken or anything else. I know on the weekend I will be eating something different. I really like eggs a lot and enjoy them for a weekend breakfast. Along with some kind of pork. Usually bacon. I want to give bacon and pan sausage a little break for now and might entertain pork chops with my eggs. Maybe some ham. I don't know right now. Sorry for posting real late today. I have some personal things going on that has been occupying my time right after work. Thanks everyone for your support. No movement on the scale today.


Morning fast: water

1st meal: 8 oz of beef ribs, water water and coffee

2nd meal:  12 oz of grilled burgers and water

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:
252.5 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Connor, I am following your blog. Keep up the great work. I too am following a zero carb diet and still in the adaptation phase. I'm doing this to lose about 10-15 lbs and for the health benefits. Reading your blog is helping me to stay on track. Dave's comments, as well, provide useful information to keep me going. Keto on......

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica, good luck with your journey with zero carb. i am sure that you will succeed if you stick to your way of eating. I am glad to hear that this blog is helping you and I am sure that it helps many others who have not commented. Keto on Monica.

      Delete
  2. Connor, you are on the right path my Friend!!!! Keep cooking, Keep eating and Keep kicking butt!!! HAHA!!! Live Long, Be Strong and Always Battle On!!!

    (ZC)er Reporting for DUTY

    Cheers

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave for your encouraging words and support. Battle on.

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...