Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 38

I defrosted the boneless beef ribs. The meat looks like some kind of roast that has been cut into long thick strips. They were really long so I cut them in half. I put them in a big container and sprinkled them with seasoning I bought from HEB called Original Salt Lick Rub. It was not salty to me. It had a lot of black pepper and other spices. I seasoned the meat and put it in a large container. I will leave it in the refrigerator over night and grill them tomorrow. I almost considered to keep them for the weekend and invite some friends over for a small bar-b-q. I also have a large package of chappell hill sausage links. Second thought I decided to keep them for myself. I know that sounds greedy. I really don't mind sharing, but I really don't know how these will come out. I have a feeling they will be tough to some degree. Work was a normal day. Nothing really note worthy occurred to report. It just amazes me how some people at work complain about their weight and at the same time jump at any attempt to eat something that is offered for free. Those things are usually loaded with sugar and flour. I just have to feel sorry for them because they just don't get it. I know it's not easy. I understand the addiction so unlike the past I won't criticize them or demean them as I have done in the past. I really get it now. It is a hard vicious cycle to break. Everyday I have to tell myself that I am on the right road and that at the end of the day I will have the best health ever. It's hard sometimes. I don't write about it all the time. I just try to put it out of my mind and move on. I appreciate everyone's help  and comments.

Morning fast: water and coffee

1st meal: 14 oz burger and water

2nd meal: 14 oz burger and water

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:
252 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Connor, yes, it is hard to stay the course. Going against conventional wisdom and cultural norms is a constant battle. My entire lifestyle is completely out of the mainstream and it gets a bit lonely at times. As you said, we have to constantly encourage ourselves and seek out supportive people, blogs, forums, etc, etc to keep up the good fight. I have no desire to live the way mainstream society does which means I have no desire to be around most people. The company of my dog and cats is so much better. Plus, they eat the way I do so we're all on the same page...meat and fat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Monica, everyday can be a struggle and everyday can be victory. We choose which one by our actions. Keep positive and you will succeed. I know sometimes it can be hard. That's why I try to take it day by day. Not too much thinking of the far future. Meat and fat sounds good to me. Thanks for the positive comment, It is really appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I do not like to talk about calories but according to my calculations, with 28 oz of burger meat per day, you eat about 2,000 calories... which is certainly lower then your needs for a guy of your size.

    I am sure by now your are "keto-adapt" and aside burning the fat you eat, your are also "naturally" burning some of your fat to compensate for your needs. And we can see this with your weight slowly going down.

    PLEASE DO CHANGE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Just take care about the carbs around that are waiting for a "weak moment" in your life to highjack you. This is very important and will always be.

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denis. I appreciate your words of wisdom. I feel good and I know that I am on the right road. Carbs are always a worry to me . I know I can keep them in check.

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...