Saturday, March 14, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 49

I had a really great day. I slept in a little and rested some more in bed. I got up at around 7 am and quickly wrote my post that I did not do last night. I explained why in my previous post. How about my doctors visit yesterday? It went better than I thought it would. This doctor was real laid back. He was a little older so at first glance I thought that I was going to have a hard time with him when I revealed my zero carb diet to him. To my surprise he was OK with it and even told me a little story some gentleman he know that went vlc and lost a lot of weight. We then discussed exercise. He had another story about that too. He told me of a person he knew that work on an oil rig in the Texas gulf and would gain weight while he was there. Although he would walk thousands of steps throughout the month. When the doctor asked why he thought he gained weight, the patient told him that they had a world class kitchen and most there ate for entertainment because they were bored. A couple of surprising stories. So I let him on that I was doing zero carb and he was OK with it. He did not tell me that it was dangerous or anything like that in the least. I also told him that I would like to follow up with him in about 3 months to see my progress and to do the lab screening again. He was good with that too. Now for today. As mentioned earlier I had a friend coming over today. I have known him for awhile. I have mentioned going out to eat with him in prior posts. He is real cool and just goes with the flow. I ended up grilling rib eye steaks, chappell hill garlic sausage and tons of burgers. I used coal instead of propane and the food came out beyond good. We had a great time talking and eating. I even brought out my rifles and we talk about them too. He is a fire arms enthusiasts and has done a little gunsmithing. He never complained once that there was no sides dishes. We just talked and laughed like we always do. Now I have a ton of burgers and quite a few sausage links to enjoy. I will freeze some meal packs of both. There is way too much to keep in the refrigerator. I don't like it when food starts to get that funny taste after a few days. So tomorrow I have a small job to do. Actually I should not consider it work at all. Now I am all rested up and stocked up on real food. I am very happy right now. No cravings and no movement on the scale. Thanks to all for your support. A special shout out to Denis for your comment. 



Morning fast: none

1st meal: 4 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, 4 oz of pan sausage, water and coffee

2nd meal: 16 oz rib eye steak, 1 sausage link and water

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:

251.5 lbs

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking hard about what I could say to someone like you at this point of his journey on Zero Carb to prevent from falling off the wagon again. For myself, when I feel I come near a "dangerous carby zone", I walk back and try to appreciate how I actualy feel so well in my body today, I try to remember the "bad feelings" of my high carb days, the pain, especially the pain in the morning after an high carb day, the sad feeling I was control by "the usage of a substance", the extreme sensation I was loosing my life, wasting all of it. Then I go throught the exercise of imagining the pleasure I would have from consuming carb, just to realize this would be for me the ticket to another long trip to hell 2 hours later... When you have "a problem with carb", consuming them is NOT THE SOLUTION; it releaves nothing; YOU WILL ALWAYS END UP WHIT THE SAME PAIN YOU ARE CARRYING AROUND INSIDE YOU.

    Luckely, we have Zero Carb as a alternative lifestyle: it works, it's reliable, it's sustainable.

    And being on Zero Carb is not as strange as it use to be; just look at your doctor's reaction...!!!

    Yes, we have come a long way.

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denis I sure don't want to go back to those days of feeling like crap. Not only in the morning or throughout the day. Zero carb is really working well with me this time around and I am confident that I will make it all the way. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect friend to share ZC meal. He was probably happy not to have to have the 6 servings of veggies.
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right anonymous, I am very fortunate to have a friend like him. I swear he was enjoying the rib eye more than I was and I did not here that "I'm so stuffed" statement that most people say after eat as much as he did. It was a real good time. Thanks for your support, it is really appreciated.

      Delete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...