Monday, March 16, 2015

Connor's Zero Carb Diet Journey Day 51

I had a very nice day at work. I was on one of those assignments that let me wonder about the facilities. While on assignment I met up with a friend that works in another department. We talked for awhile. I told him about my zero carb diet. He understood what I was talking about because I had told him about past attempts. He is also very supportive in the way that he does not criticize what I am doing. I took a couple those grilled burgers with me. They were really good and filling. I ate them slow because they were so good. I have not cooked on coal in a long time. So they had that really great outdoor flavor. I am tempted to take a small container of mayo to put on top of the burgers to give it a little more fat. My burgers are not really dry, but they could be a little more moist. It's just a thought. I don't know if I will do it or not. I really do feel more relaxed this time around. I am not worrying about anything else but the adjustment to this new lifestyle. I really don't know how long it will take. As far as I am concerned there is no time limit. Patience will aid me in this endeavor. Sure like other people I want to see results. That is only being human. I need to rise above that and wait. Too many times in the past I would get discouraged and give up. I can't do that this time. If I don't succeed I don't have anywhere to go. I don't want to make this sound like a do or die situation. I just can't see myself trying anything else if this fails. I have been around the world in the realm of diets. I can't seem to find what is right for me. My past attempts at zero carb have been the best of anything I have ever tried. So I will wait and continue doing this for the rest of my life. I know that sounds bold. I am all out of options. I either realize that I will be grossly overweight the rest of my life and reap the benefits of it in the form of bad health. Or I can be patient and adjust to this new lifestyle and reap the benefits of great health. I just want some peace in my life. In the condition that I am currently only brings me down. Movement on the scale today. I lost another .5 pound. Thanks for your support. Thanks for stopping by.


Morning fast: water and coffee

1st meal: 14 oz of grilled burgers and water

2nd meal: 14 oz of grilled burgers and water

Start weight:
260 lbs

Current weight:

251 lbs

2 comments:

  1. I thought I left a comment the other day, but the sign in with google account thing must have messed it up after I had written it. So... I will re-write something now. I found your zc blog the other day and read all entries. Very nice. I am sure you can keep it up. I personally don't do zero carb, I do what would be considered a standard keto diet with <30 net carbs. I have been giving it thought and I may take up the zc lifestyle, at least to see what it does for me personally. I am on keto to lose weight, and eat healthier and non processed, and of course be rid of most of the carbs. I feel much better when I don't eat them.

    I too am addicted to carbs and it is the hardest thing I have had to come off. I smoked since I was 13, and when I was 31, i was up to 2-3 packs a day, plus cigars and redman chew almost daily. I was finally able to quit and have been clean, no nicotine, for just over 2 years now. It feels VERY similar trying to be rid of the carbs.

    I set this blog into my startup script at work so it comes up as soon as I log onto our domain. I just thought you should know that there are others out here reading and using your story for inspiration :)

    Keep it up and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adman what a great comment, thank you and congratulations on being nicotine free for 2 years. Addiction to anything that harms your health is a tough thing to deal with on any level. Right now my focus is my health. I have to get clean and sober concerning carbs. The small rush I get from them soon comes crashing down. Then not only am I sick to my stomach the rest of the day and the sense of failure creeps up. If you can give zero carb a try. So far I am doing well and feeling great. Thanks for the information I am sure that Dave and Denis appreciate that others out there are using this blog for inspiration. According to Dave, this blog will stand to help spred the word about zero carb. If you have not had a chance I encourage you to read up on Dave's journal of his weight loss journey. he lost over a 100 pounds and recorded it all here. That very journal inspired me to give zero carb a try.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...