Friday, January 8, 2016

1/8/2016 - Blast from the Past - DAY 14

Greetings all,

I really like this particular set of posts. Nothing too special, just a snapshot of a “Rookie” getting a grip on things and staying strong on (ZC). Now for the next installment of “Blast from the Past”:

Original Stardate: 7/14/2010
Today was a little different. My hunger has really dropped. I ate my first steak (5 oz) at 8:30 AM and my second steak (5oz) at5:00PM. Usually by now I would have eaten three times. I used to be a big cheese fan and now I can take it or leave it.

No cravings for carbs so far (that’s a good thing). I’ve been explaining (ZC) to family, coworkers and friends. I don’t believe in hiding my WOE. I tell it like it is. As a matter of fact: twice I have eaten a steak wrapped in a napkin during meetings with other supervisors and my boss. The meetings are informal and we often eat. So I sat there with my steak wrapped in a napkin chomping away. Hey, when you’re hungry you’re hungry.

So far I have cooked meals for my DW that are anything but (ZC) and it does not bother me. I baked some sour cream orange muffins (from scratch) on Sunday for her. The only thing I liked about the muffins was the smell of the fresh orange zest as I grated the orange.

This is only the start of my fourth week on (ZC). I feel that my journey has been relatively smooth. If it wasn’t for tummy troubles (trying not to be graphic) about every other day, It would be close to ideal.

At this point I think of (ZC) at the moment and not beyond. This keeps me STRONG.

Original Stardate: 7/14/2010
Today I am little more rested, feeling good in the hood. The scale did not budge (no big deal). For some reason this morning I remembered a plaque on my first boss’s desk that stated “Today is the First Day for the Rest of Your Life”. I kind of relate that with my day to day life and effort with (ZC). I still have not had any cravings for carbs. I try to keep a positive attitude about it. The transition was easy (to me), but the day to day reality is just that: day to day. 

I hope everyone has a great (ZC) day!!!!!!!


260/247.5/185
Overall health (1-10):8
Energy level (1-10):7
Cravings: None
Today's Menu: Steak, H2O

Observation:
Well this Rookie is starting to feel the effects of (ZC) in the sense that his hunger pattern is changing. From the start I don’t hide my new (WOE). Heck I am proud of it. I really don’t care what others think. Like others that live with family members that are not (ZC)ers we are sometimes in certain situations. First of all I am the main cook in my house. So yes, I do cook what the rest of the family eats. They are not interested in (ZC) and I was not going to tell them “Fend for yourself”. It’s a personal choice just like Religion and Politics. Someone else’s beliefs does not offend me as long as it is not immoral, unethical or against the law. We can still be Friends if not Best of Friends. As far as I am concerned this is not for debate, it is again a personal choice. OK back to the observation: being around and cooking non-(ZC) foods does not bother me in the least and does not tempt me one bit. Moment by moment….Day by day for the most part this got me through those first weeks on (ZC). One last note I mentioned that I did not lose weight and it did not faze me at all. Numbers on a scale don’t scare me a bit. It is just a measurement in time. 

Well my Family and Friends keeping focused and positive………not panicking……..and not looking too far ahead or over analyzing a situation kept and keeps me STRONG! Never Surrender, Never Retreat and Always Battle On!!!

(ZC)er A Place in TIME



Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...