Friday, March 10, 2017

Denis's total fast Day #4

Hello all!!!

Well I guess I discovered last night 3 days is the maximum I can do a total fast. And it is NOT because I was hungry...

I am suffering from a problem called "Restless Leg Syndrome" which can be a nightmare of pain in the legs in the evenings and nights....

With a ZC diet eating mainly fresh lamb, chicken and fish + butter and cream, the RLS pain had DISSAPEARED since a long time.

But this is my second experience with total fast and each time in the night of Day#3, the leg pain comes back in full.  So last night, as the pain was out of control and there was nothing I could do to calm it down, at 10 pm, I decided to have a regular ZC meal. AND I REPEAT IT: I WAS NOT HUNGRY.....!!!

I knew this could happen and the explanation is simple: total fast has many main effects on the body hormonal system, reducing insulin, increasing growth hormone, BUT also increasing ADRENALINE levels (keeping your metabolsim going), which explains this HIGH a lot of folks get on total fast.

Except that adrenaline is conterproductive for the lacking dopamine, the basic pathology of the RLS.

So I guess I will have to plan a total fast of 2 days maximum with some refeeding days. I was thinking of 2 days FAST periods followed by 3 days of refeeding on a ZC menu.

Anyway, I lost 6 pounds with this experience and even if I had a ZC meal last night, the weight is still off this morning!!!

So I guess Intermittent Fasting is on the program for me but with a possible longer fasting schedule.

Zero Carb has really help me a lot with many health issues and improved my quality of life but I am convince I need to find the perfect feeding schedule to get even more benefits... and these last extra lbs off...!!!!

Keep you posted.

Denis


1 comment:

  1. Great feedback Denis. I am sorry you suffered restless leg syndrome. My wife experienced that and I can tell you I totally understand where you are coming from. Keep us posted on your next plan of eating. Battle On my FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT IN THE MOST RECENT POST SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT MISSED.

This site is dedicated to the Zero Carb Way of Eating. This is a peaceful community of like minded folks. Please do not use this blog as a platform to voice your opinions against our beliefs or promote non-related subjects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...